The Lord says, “I will teach you the way you should go; I will instruct you and advise you.” – Psalm 32:8
About Our Logo
The Catechist Ministry logo reflects our mission and vision.
The purpose of catechesis is to enable the one catechised to become a disciple of the Lord Jesus Christ and be full of fervour. Our Catechesis is not only for preparing the children and youth to receive the sacraments but also to help them grow in their faith.
“Put on the armor of God, that you may be able to resist on the evil day and having done everything, to hold your ground. So stand fast with your loins girded in truth, clothed with righteousness as a breastplate, and your feet shod in readiness for the gospel of peace. In all circumstances, hold faith as a shield, to quench all flaming arrows of the evil one. And take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.” Eph 6:13-17
The Catechist Ministry aims to make our Christian faith alive and real in the lives of children and youth at St Anthony’s Church. Primarily, the Catechists hope to lead the children and youth to grow in their faith and love for Jesus.
The Ministry depends on the contributions of many to achieve its goals. This involves working in collaboration with Office For Catechesis (OFC) under the Archdiocese of Singapore, church community, youth, helpers, parents and the larger local community.
As Catechists, we seek to create an environment that allows the children and youth to be effective in Catechesis and to grow in faith. Training and faith formation are available to both new and experienced Catechists.
For our youth and children, it means understanding them, loving them and seeking to provide the Jesus-responses and answers to their changing needs.
For our parents and stakeholders, we seek to work with them in an effective partnership for the well-being of our children, and to provide information on the Catechetical Programme.
We want our confirmands to:
- Have a desire for God
- Be more Christ-centred
- Be more actively involved in the parish
- Practise the Catholic faith
- Participate actively in mission work
- Have better relationships with family & community
- be responsible for their actions
- be positive role models
Making our Christian faith alive and real in the lives of children and youth at Church of St Anthony. Primarily, the Catechists seek to lead the children and youth to grow in their faith and love for Jesus.
What we do in the Catechist Ministry may be understood from its organisational structure which consists of the following groups:
1. Resources & Logistics:
- Assist Catechists in Sourcing for lesson materials
- Procure supplies and materials for classes
- Source for speakers and facilitators
- Source for level retreat sites
- Arrange transportation and meals for level retreats and outings
2. Coordinators (Overall, Primary & Secondary):
- Coordinate activities or Ministry matters
- Liaise with parish and external groups 3. Administration:
- Student registration
- Filing papers
- Conduct catechetical sessions
- Facilitate level retreat
- Prepare session plans for all levels
- Work with Catechists & Spiritual Director on goals for each level
There are no calendars to share currently.
For enquiries about our ministry or programmes, please contact us at Email: email@example.com
Our ministry is organised as follows:
- Spiritual Director
- Ministry Chairperson
- Catechist Coordinator
- Primary Level Coordinator
- Confirmation Level Coordinator
We have monthly meet-up which include:
Over 500 children and young people will begin to learn more about Jesus Christ and the Catholic faith in Catechesis this year. You can help by becoming a catechist for Faith Formation. As you nurture the faith of our young, you will learn and grow as well! As one long-time catechist put it, “I learn so much from the children!” We provide you with training, materials and support. If interested or for more information, contact us at Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look for the following qualifications for Catechists and Catechetical Assistants:
- 19 years and above, have received all initiation Sacraments of Baptism, Confirmation, Eucharist
- Be a practicing Catholic in communion with the Catholic Church, lifestyle should bear witness to teachings of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the Catholic Church
- Ready to learn and transmit the teachings of the Catholic Church
- Enjoy working with children and youth
Support Services & Request For Support
The Catechist Ministry provides support only for parish level events as assigned by the Parish Priest, EXCO or the Events Keystone.
Resources & Forms
Link for form to register for Catechism to be available here soon.