“…He unrolled the scroll and found the place where it is written: “The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has chosen me to bring good news to the poor…” Luke 4:17-18
We are the salt and light of the world, His Ministers of the Word. In hearing the Liturgy of the Word, our hearts should start burning within us, just like the disciples on the road to Emmaus. As members of the community who are called to proclaim the story of His Love, we are the channel through which our parishioners hear the Word of God spoken and opened up to them.
Proclaim- Our voice is at His service, chosen and called to speak His mind.
Witness- We strive to share and bear witness to the Word of God by our daily actions and way of life.
Reflect- We reflect upon and are inspired by the Scriptures and are nourished with His Word to deepen our spiritual lives.
Pray- We pray faithfully for the salvation of the world and the church through preparing prayers of the faithful.
To be living witnesses of the transforming power of God’s Word.
To be proclaimers of God’s love and build a community of disciples through prayer, service and formation so as to enter into a deeper relationship with Him.
- We prepare ourselves to proclaim God’s Word
- We break open and reflect upon Scripture
- We come up with intercessory prayers to pray for our community
Our role as proclaimers of God’s Word (Luke 4:18-19…He stood up to read…)
- We meditate upon Scripture and take part in Ministry Spiritual exercises
- We attend formations, courses, talks and training.
- We also have fun as we take part in social bonding gatherings
Our role as being part of one Ministry (Hebrews 13:1 Keep on loving one another as Christian brothers and sisters)
- We organise and help to facilitate the Bible Rally and worship services.
- We train and form the Youth who are attached to our Ministry.
- We take part in evangelisation and outreach activities.
Our role as being part of our Parish (1 Corinthians 12:27 All of you are Christ’s body, and each one is a part of it)
There is no calendar for the Lectors Ministry currently.
You may contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Under the guidance of our Spiritual director, our Ministry is made up of
- Spiritual Coordinator
- Other members
We also have a small prayer group within our Ministry that prays for all of us. We are also part of the Liturgical Ministry.
We meet for reflections every Monday at 8 p.m. (mandatory for lectors who are rostered to proclaim for the upcoming weekend)
- Prepare ourselves to proclaim the Word of God
- Break open the Word of God
- Prepare intercessory prayers to pray for our community.
We meet once a month as a Ministry on the second Monday of each month at 7.30 p.m.
- Briefing on Parish-level and Ministry level updates and events
- Formation talks/activities
- Birthday celebrations
Are you interested in joining the Lectors Ministry? Please approach one of our Lectors after the mass. We will be glad to assist you.
Requirements for recruit Lectors
- You will be be attached to a mentor and be with the Ministry for at least a month before formal training takes place.
- Mandatory training sessions will be provided to prepare you to proclaim God’s Word. Training will take a minimum of six months.
- You will need to do your best to attend all monthly and weekly meetings.
- After the completion of training, the new lector will proclaim only the first reading in the first month and be rostered with a senior lector.
Support Services & Request For Support
Resources & Forms
There are no forms pertaining to the Lectors Ministry