Updated Summary of Masses, Private Worship, Sacraments at the Church of St Anthony plus News Highlights (Updated Jan 22, 2021)
- To access this page of updates, please visit http://bit.ly/csa-updates
- To view our bulletin at http://bit.ly/csa-bulletin for updates
Mass Intentions and Contributions
- For mass intentions (including All Souls in the month 0f Nov) and contributions to the upkeep of the Church of St Anthony Singapore via PayNow please visit http://saint-anthony.org/paynow/ for more details including UEN and what to enter as payment references so that we know what your contributions are for.
Guide to this post: This is a one-stop post for the latest news on masses, private worship and sacraments at the Church of St Anthony in Singapore while COVID-19 restrictions are in force.
- Part 1: Updates and important notes for the week
- Part 2: Summary of Masses, Private Worship, Devotions and Sacrament of Reconciliation by Day of the Week
- Part 3: Details on all items in Part 2
Part 1: Updates and Important Notes for the week
- Update 1: Chinese New Year Masses, Feb 12, 2021. Bookings will be via MARS (mycatholic.sg) from Jan 26, 2021.
- 8.00 AM in Mandarin
- 10.00 AM in English
- No evening mass on Feb 12
- Update 2: Sacrament of Reconciliation – there will be no confessions in Feb. Confessions resume in Mar via the link https://csa2021confession.eventbrite.sg.
- Update 3: Eucharistic Adoration on Zoom. Begin the new year in adoration of the Lord. Come and rest in His Holy Presence via Zoom Meeting ID: 825 7446 7741, Passcode: 372908.
Footprints in Gratitude is a journey through the major events in our Saviour’s life and passion, reflecting on what we have to be grateful for. Dates: 2 Jan – 6 Feb, 8pm, Days: Mondays to Thursdays and Saturdays
- Note 1: From 1 Dec, you are required to use the TraceTogether mobile app or a physical TraceTogether token for Safe Entry check-in. No group check-in is allowed.
- Note 2: Contributions towards Saint Vincent De Paul (SSVP). The Society of Saint Vincent de Paul (SSVP) seeks your generous contributions to sustain their ministerial work for the less fortunate. Their donation box has been shifted to the basement carpark, just next to the elevator as you all exit the Church. Do drop your donations into this box.
- Note 3: Catechism Registration 2021 – The registration for new students in 2021 has started including mainstream, Catechesis of the Good Shepherd and Precious Seeds programmes. Please visit https://saint-anthony.org/catechism/ for details and registration procedure. For existing students, please refer to the letter sent to parents via WhatsApp.
- Note 4: With effect from Jan 2021, we will stop our Tuesday Private Worship due to low take up rate. All manpower and resources are channeled to one session on Fridays 8-9pm. All are welcome to spend an hour of quiet time with our Lord. Registration is required at https://jan2020csapw.eventbrite.sg.
- Note 5: On average, we see 15% of parishioners not showing up for the masses that they booked. Though we understand emergency situations sometimes occur at the last minute, the 15% number is too high and works against our desire to increase the number of persons per mass and also prevents other parishioners from booking seats. For a recent Sunset mass, 49 registered parishioners did not turn up! Please check your schedules before booking or if you have to cancel, do so at least 48 hours before the mass (via the MARS system) so that others may take up the vacated seats.
Part 2: Summary of Masses, Private Worship, Devotions and Sacrament of Reconciliation by Day of the Week
All Zoom events share the following login details:
- Meeting ID: 914 9604 2004
- Password: 483065
- Or use this link: https://tinyurl.com/y68cdwct
All YouTube broadcasts are at https://www.youtube.com/c/ChurchofStAnthonySingapore
The current link for Private Worship registration is https://jan2020csapw.eventbrite.sg/ to register for Fridays, 8.00-9.00 PM.
- No events currently
- Weekday Mass in church for 25 people at 6.30 PM, registration required via https://www.mycatholic.sg/, This mass is also broadcast on Zoom (see above for access details)
- Weekday mass at 6.30 PM Via Zoom followed by Devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus (see above for Zoom access details)
- Weekday Mass in church for 25 people at 6.30 PM followed by Devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus, registration required via https://www.mycatholic.sg/
- Private worship from 8.00 – 9.00 PM in the church hall. Registration is required at https://jan2020csapw.eventbrite.sg
- Compline Prayers at 9.00 PM via Zoom (see above for Zoom details)
- First Saturday of the month – Reparation to the Immaculate Heart of Mary at 10.00 AM via Zoom (see above for access details)
- Sacrament of Reconciliation starting at 3.00 PM, registration required at https://csa2021confession.eventbrite.sg.
- Sunset mass in English at 5.30 PM, maximum of 150 persons in church and registration is required at https://www.mycatholic.sg/. Doors close at 5.15 PM and late comers will not be admitted for safety reasons. This mass is broadcast on YouTube.
- Religious items may be blessed by holding them up at the Final Blessing by the priest at the Sunset Mass.
- Columbarium visits in the afternoon. Registration is required via https://csacolumbariumvisits.eventbrite.sg/
- Mandarin mass on 1st and 2nd Sunday of the Month, at 7.30 AM. Registration is required via https://www.mycatholic.sg/. Doors close at 7.15 AM and late comers will not be admitted for safety reasons.
- Mass in English at 9.15 AM, 11.15 AM and 5.30 PM, registration required via https://www.mycatholic.sg/
- The doors closes at 9.00 AM, 11.00 AM and 5.15 PM respectively and late comers will not be admitted for safety reasons.
- All Sunday masses will be broadcast on YouTube.
- Religious items may be blessed by holding them up at the Final Blessing by the priest at all Sunday Masses.
Part 3: Details on all items in Part 2
Visits to the Columbarium.
Our Columbarium are opened for visits on Saturday afternoon. Availability may vary based on operational limitations. Prior registration is required via the link: https://csacolumbariumvisits.eventbrite.sg/
Booking for the two weekday masses in church, on Wed and Fri at 6.30 PM may be made at https://www.mycatholic.sg/ (same as for weekend masses). Both masses will still be broadcast on Zoom.
On this note, we also need volunteers to assist. If you are available on every Wednesday evening. Please lend us a helping us. Thank you.
Private Worship sessions are held on Fridays 8.00 PM – 9.00 PM
As the registration link and the date registrations open varies from week to week, these are provided in the update section at the very top of this post. Exceptions to regular private worship sessions will also be posted at the top.
• 50mins duration per slot
• Please be on time
First Saturday Reparation to the Immaculate Heart of Mary
This will be at 10.00 AM via Zoom.
Meeting ID: 914 9604 2004
or via the link https://tinyurl.com/y68cdwct
Compline (Liturgy of the Hours)
Liturgy of the Hours are only Liturgies which can be validly be done via broadcast since they are the prayers of the Church, prayed wherever Her Faithful are (regardless if they are lay, religious, or clergy), and not dependent on an Ordained Minister (or where he is, like in the context of the Mass). Join us on Zoom, every Friday at 9.00pm, Meeting ID: 914 9604 2004, Password: 483065 or via https://tinyurl.com/y68cdwct.
Devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus with Benediction
This will be on every Friday at 6.00 PM before the Friday Mass at 6.30 PM. Both will be broadcast on Zoom. Join us: Meeting ID: 914 9604 2004 Password: 483065 or join via this link: https://tinyurl.com/y68cdwct