Updated Summary of Masses, Private Worship, Sacraments at the Church of St Anthony plus News Highlights (Updated Jul 30, 2021)
- To access this page of updates, please visit http://bit.ly/csa-updates
- To view our bulletin at http://bit.ly/csa-bulletin for updates
Mass Intentions and Contributions
- For mass intentions and contributions to the upkeep of the Church of St Anthony Singapore via PayNow please visit http://saint-anthony.org/paynow/ for more details including UEN and what to enter as payment references so that we know what your contributions are for.
Guide to this post: This is a one-stop post for the latest news on masses, private worship and sacraments at the Church of St Anthony in Singapore while COVID-19 restrictions are in force.
- Part 1: Updates and important notes for the week
- Part 2: Summary of Masses, Private Worship, Devotions and Sacrament of Reconciliation by Day of the Week
- Part 3: Full details on all items in Part 2.
Part 1: Updates and Important Notes for the week
No major updates this week but do take note of events highlighted last week which include the Young Stewards Conference, Landings Returned! event, the Catholic200SG discernment sessions, infant baptism in August, one time change of parish church in mycatholic.sg for those who wish to change their parish and Ignitus! The Catholic Prayer Society is organizing a lunchtime talk on Zoom on the the topic of Sowing Seeds during Uncertain Times starting on Aug 16.
- Update 1: Catholic Prayer Society Zoom Talk on ‘Sowing Seeds during Uncertain Times.’ 12.30-1.30 PM on Mondays, Aug 16, 23 and 30. Registration is required at https://tinyurl.com/3279k6m9.
- Update 2: Young Stewards Conference – Reclaiming Our Gift of Faith. The Catholic Foundation is organising an online Young Stewards Conference, and would like to invite members of all the young adult Catholic communities across to participate. “Your talent is God’s gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God.” – Leo Buscaglia.
14th August 2021, Saturday, 3pm to 6pm
Platform: Zoom (link will be provided after registration)
Register here: https://tinyurl.com/youngstewardsconference
Find out more: https://catholicfoundation.sg/young-stewards-conference-2021
- Update 3: “IGNITUS! Social Mission with Love” on Sat, 4 September, 2021 with micro-events in July and August 2021. This event is to ignite the desire in everyone to answer the call to reach out to our vulnerable brothers and sisters. This event is jointly organized by Caritas Singapore and CHARIS. For more information, please refer to https://catholic200.sg/event/ignitus-social-mission-with-love/. Registration for the main online event on Sept 4, 2021 is at http://bit.ly/ignitus4Sep21.
- Update 4: One Time Change of Parish Church. With effect from Wednesday, 21 July 2021 onwards, Catholics will be able to make a one-time change of their parish church via mycatholic.sg under their myProfile page. In order to qualify for the change of church, please ensure that you meet the following criteria:
• You do not have any upcoming bookings in your current parish church.
• Your previous booking was more than 14 days ago.
• You have not attended a physical Mass in the last 14 days in any church. This is an extra precaution to prevent potential cross-infection. Please note that after a change of church has been
made on mycatholic.sg, you will not be able to make a further switch to another church. For more information, please check with your respective churches or visit: mycatholic.sg.
- Update 5: Mass booking cancellations. As of right now, an average of 15% of parishioners do not show up for the mass they have signed up for. Therefore, in an effort to allow more parishioners to attend in person mass, as well as to accommodate for more last-minute no shows, we have decided to reduce the cancellation of mass booking from the 24 hours to 3 hours-meaning that you can cancel your mass booking 3 hours before the mass itself. For those who were unable to book masses, please check online for slots freed as a result of last minute cancellations. We urge all parishioners to only book slots you can attend and cancel bookings as soon as you find out you are not able to make it.
- Update 6: Landings, Welcoming Returning Catholics. Landings Singapore presents Returned!, a testimony event on Zoom. If you are exploring a reconnection with the Catholic
faith, we welcome you to join us on 14 August 2021 (Saturday), from 10am to 12pm.What to expect
· Testimonies by Landings participants
· Understand how Landings worksPlease register for the Returned! event at this link: https://bit.ly/35jTpZm.
After Returned!, Landings Singapore will start an 10-week programme on Tuesdays (8pm to 10pm) commencing on 14 September 2021 till 16 November 2021. There will also be a virtual retreat conducted over one of the weekends. We invite Catholics seeking a reconnection with the faith to register. More details to follow for the registration for the 10-week programme. For more information on Landings, please email email@example.com or visit http://www.landings.org.sg
- Update 7: Come and Discern with Us. discernment. As we celebrate the 200th anniversary of our Archdiocese, join us in a meaningful spiritual exercise to reflect on our Catholic faith, and how our faith journey has been thus far. Centered on Catholic200SG prayer, this spiritual exercise consists of 3 sessions conducted on Zoom. Simply have a journal, a bible and a cross to discern with us. Weekday and weekend sessions are available. To secure a spot, please register via the given links to receive a confirmation email with the Zoom details.Weekday run: Wednesday 21 July + 28 July + 4 August 2021 (8pm to 10pm). Register https://tinyurl.com/discerntogetherWed
Weekend run: Saturday 31 July + 7 Aug+ 14 Aug (9am to 11am). Register Saturday: https://tinyurl.com/discerntogetherSat
- Note 1: For reflections, refer instead to the Archbishop’s reflections at https://www.catholic.sg/archbishop/scripture-reflection/ instead of the bulletin.
- Note 2: Mass Booking Number. From Jun 2021, all mass bookings on MARS will come with a booking number to remove the need for re-booking of masses when the number of mass attendees is reduced in response to COVID-19 safety measures set by the Multi-Ministry Taskforce and MCCY. For more details, please refer to the bulletin.
- Note 3: New COVID Safety Measures, On 4th May, the multi-ministry taskforce announced additional measures to curb community transmission of covid-19. With immediate effect, we have suspended our congregational singing, sacrament of reconciliation, columbarium visits and ministry meetings until further notice. Unless necessary, please avoid crowded places and limit social gatherings to 2 per day. Please seek medical help if unwell.
- Note 4: Mandatory Tracetogether App or token from Jun 1, 2021. From Jun 1, 2021, parishioners must use the Tracetogether app or token to check-in and will not be able to scan their ICs to check-in. Children below 7 are not required to check-in.
- Note 5: Avoid Last Minute Mass Intentions. Please send in your mass intentions at least a week earlier than the selected mass to help parish staff with their workflow. For the procedure to submit mass intentions please refer to the bulletin.
- Note 6: Contributions towards Saint Vincent De Paul (SSVP). The Society of Saint Vincent de Paul (SSVP) seeks your generous contributions to sustain their ministerial work for the less fortunate. Their donation box has been shifted to the basement carpark, just next to the elevator as you all exit the Church. Do drop your donations into this box.
- Note 7: Para-counselling service by Catholic Family Life – Need someone to journey with you through the stages and challenges of life? Trained Para-Counsellors are available via Zoom. Please call 66318963 (Mon – Fri 12pm to 4pm), email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit https://cpc.familylife.sg/ to book your session.
Part 2: Summary of Masses, Private Worship, Devotions and Sacrament of Reconciliation by Day of the Week
All Zoom events share the following login details:
Weekday Online Masses On Zoom
Every Wednesday and Friday, 6:30pm
Meeting ID: 976 9697 0379
All YouTube broadcasts are at https://www.youtube.com/c/ChurchofStAnthonySingapore
The current link for Private Worship registration is https://jan2020csapw.eventbrite.sg/ to register for Fridays, 8.00-9.00 PM.
- No events currently
- Weekday Mass in church for 25 people at 6.30 PM, registration required via https://www.mycatholic.sg/, This mass is also broadcast on Zoom (see above for access details)
- Weekday mass at 6.30 PM Via Zoom followed by Devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus (see above for Zoom access details)
- Weekday Mass in church for 25 people at 6.30 PM followed by Devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus, registration required via https://www.mycatholic.sg/
- Compline Prayers at 9.00 PM via Zoom (see above for Zoom details)
- Sacrament of Reconciliation starting at 3.00 PM, registration required at https://mycatholic.sg. Confession is currently suspended due to the heightened situation. Please check back for updates.
- Sunset mass in English at 5.30 PM, maximum of 150 persons in church and registration is required at https://www.mycatholic.sg/. Doors close at 5.15 PM and late comers will not be admitted for safety reasons. This mass is broadcast on YouTube.
- Religious items may be blessed by holding them up at the Final Blessing by the priest at the Sunset Mass.
- Columbarium visits in the afternoon. Registration is required via https://csacolumbariumvisits.eventbrite.sg/ Columbarium visits are currently suspended due to the heightened situation. Please check back for updates.
- Mandarin mass on 1st and 2nd Sunday of the Month, at 7.30 AM. Registration is required via https://www.mycatholic.sg/. Doors close at 7.15 AM and late comers will not be admitted for safety reasons.
- Mass in English at 9.15 AM, 11.15 AM and 5.30 PM, registration required via https://www.mycatholic.sg/
- The doors closes at 9.00 AM, 11.00 AM and 5.15 PM respectively and late comers will not be admitted for safety reasons.
- All Sunday masses will be broadcast on YouTube.
- Religious items may be blessed by holding them up at the Final Blessing by the priest at all Sunday Masses.
Part 3: Details on all items in Part 2
Visits to the Columbarium.
Our Columbarium are opened for visits on Saturday afternoon. Availability may vary based on operational limitations. Prior registration is required via the link: https://csacolumbariumvisits.eventbrite.sg/
Weekday Masses will be at 6.30pm on Wednesday and Fridays. Weekday Online Masses On Zoom
Every Wednesday and Friday, 6:30pm
Meeting ID: 976 9697 0379
Booking for the two weekday masses in church, on Wed and Fri at 6.30 PM may be made at https://www.mycatholic.sg/ (same as for weekend masses). Both masses will still be broadcast on Zoom.
On this note, we also need volunteers to assist. If you are available on every Wednesday evening. Please lend us a helping us. Thank you.
Private Worship sessions are held on Fridays 8.00 PM – 9.00 PM
As the registration link and the date registrations open varies from week to week, these are provided in the update section at the very top of this post. Exceptions to regular private worship sessions will also be posted at the top.
• 50mins duration per slot
• Please be on time
Compline (Liturgy of the Hours)
Liturgy of the Hours are only Liturgies which can be validly be done via broadcast since they are the prayers of the Church, prayed wherever Her Faithful are (regardless if they are lay, religious, or clergy), and not dependent on an Ordained Minister (or where he is, like in the context of the Mass). Join us on Zoom, every Friday at 9.00pm, Meeting ID: 914 9604 2004, Password: 483065 or via https://tinyurl.com/y68cdwct.
Devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus with Benediction
This will be on every Friday after the Friday Mass at 6.30 PM. Both will be broadcast on Zoom. Join us: Meeting ID: 914 9604 2004 Password: 483065 or join via this link: https://tinyurl.com/y68cdwct